Sunday 11 January 2015

What's the edge in Satoshi Mines 25 Squares 3 Bombs

In my last post, i showed you how to calculate the true odds for the bitcoin game satoshi mines

If you want to know how the game works, see this post.  Or if you want to play the game go here

In that post, i showed you the true odds of the game (25 squares and 3 bombs) and in my previous post, i showed you the payout odds (for 25 squares and 3 bombs)

I thought it might be worth comparing them....   The table below shows true odds vs actual odds (for 25 squares 3 bombs)



I think the interesting thing here, is the cumulative edge isn't a constant.   They offer a very low edge for your first bet and then the edge gets progressively worse until your 8th guess when the edge starts reducing.   I don't have their payouts beyond guess 16.   I might create a robot to get those numbers at some point.   Let's look at the edge changes as a graph.


So what does this tell me.......

It says to me you really shouldn't play beyond your first guess... for 25 squares 3 bombs
As the cumulative edge (unto guess 17 doesn't get better than that first edge on that first guess..

You'd be better to cash out your money, and then just play another round.   You'll have lower odds sure (as you'll always been playing with 22/25 probability) but you'll be playing with a lower edge, so you'll lose money over the long run.

It also tells me there maybe more value in the other variants of the game and we'll explore that in another post.

In true bitcoin tradition, if you found this article useful and want to donate me some spare bitcoins my wallet address is:  17QCjNaaXUWyG5WWaV3KVDQG7HdVkSDLs1

In the next article we'll look at some of the grids and options you have

11 comments:

  1. Hi.. any new articles? thanks..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice information and very useful in all way for me..

    M88 Vietnam

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read that Post and got it fine and informative. Please share more like that... Online Gambling

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much for keep this information.
    Online Gambling

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im scared that im addicted to gambling?
    gambling

    ReplyDelete
  6. can someone tell me how to get the little avatars to appear in my comments section? thanks!
    Android Apps for PC

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank for sharing! Can you show me the method to calculate the true odds for the game: World cricket championship 2 apk?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice article, thanks for the information. You give me some idea's. I will bookmark for next reference.

    doctor strange (2016)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing. Great information, guys =))) Thanks a lot for your sharing. Hope to see more posts.
    Jiotv apk

    ReplyDelete
  10. read that Post and got it fine and informative
    snapchat

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice article, thanks for the information. You give me some idea's.
    snapchat

    ReplyDelete